Scope and Consent
Collection of Information
Our Services can be used by a broad range of industries in connection with their products, services, activities and administrative functions, whether they are involved in government, retail, health, politics, human resources, technology or anything else. Accordingly, a broad range of information (including information about you) may be uploaded to or sent through our Services.
Without information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or the support you request.
Our website and Services are not targeted or directed at children under the age of 13 and do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a
DGPAY account and when you provide information as part of our identity or account verification process. We collect information about you, including:
- Identification information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, birthdate, passport, driver’s license, Social Security, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification number;
- Financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers;
- Tax information, including withholding allowances and tax filing status; and
- Other historical, contact, and demographic information.
We also collect information you upload to or send through our Services, including:
- Information about products and services you sell (including inventory, pricing and other data);
- Information you provide about you or your business (including appointment, staffing availability, employee, payroll and contact data); and
- Information you provide to a Seller using our Services, for example if you are an employee whose employer uses
DGPAY Payroll (including hours worked and other timecard data).
Some of the information we collect is collected to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering laws.
We collect information you provide when you participate in contests or promotions offered by DGPAY or our partners, respond to our surveys or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect from Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including:
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make, accept, request or record payments or money transfers, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Location Information. Through our applications, we collect information about the location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Device Information. We collect specific information about your device when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services. We may also identify other software running on the device for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes (but will not collect any content from such software).
- Use Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access time, browser type and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information when you use our Services, including sending cookies to your device and using web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. For more information and to learn how to block or delete cookies used in the Services, please see “Your Choices” below. We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also collect information about you from third parties, including third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, where lawful, this information may include your government-issued identification number. By applying or signing up for a DGPAY account, you authorize and consent to our obtaining from, and disclosing to, third parties, from time to time, any information about you in connection with the processing of any credit investigation, identity or account verification, fraud detection, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment and personal reporting agencies.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
DGPAY and third-party service providers on behalf of
DGPAY to analyze and track usage of our Services, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests, and better understand how you use our Services. The third-party service providers that we engage are bound by confidentiality obligations and other restrictions with respect to their use and collection of your information.
Use of Information
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as:
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Displaying historical transaction or appointment information;
- Developing new products and Services; and
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use information about you to improve, personalize and facilitate your use of our Services. For example, when you sign up for a
DGPAY account, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as information about other accounts you had or currently have with
DGPAY , and prior transactions you made using our Services. We also may use information about you to measure, customize, and enhance our Services, including the design, content, and functionality of our applications and websites, or to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services.
We may use information you provide to connect you with people you already know. For example, you may upload contact information from your address book through the
DGPAY Cash mobile application. We will match the contact information you provide to the information provided by other users of
DGPAY Cash in order to provide and improve the POS Cash Service, including making it easier to find contacts to whom you may send or request payments using
We may use information about you to send you news and information, or to conduct surveys and collect feedback, about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners, based on your communication preferences and applicable law. We also may contact you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your
We may use information about you:
- To protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- To enforce the terms of our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies;
- To verify your identity (e.g., some of the government-issued identification numbers we collect are used for this purpose);
- To investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Japan and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With our group companies, including our parent company,
DGPAY , Inc., and other affiliates, for the purposes outlined above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, and other entities in connection with the payment or money transfer process;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment, appointment or money transfer using our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities), (ii) to enforce or comply with the terms of our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, (iii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services, or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- With your consent.
We also may share aggregated information with third parties that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.